Saturday, June 30, 2007

Which is more cool ? working for Google or Apple

Which is more cool ?? working as a software engineer in Google's reasearch team or working as a design engineer in Apple ? I thought of this question after seeing the way Google and Apple have been doing business. I initially thought of adding Microsoft into this question, but I think Microsoft lost the "cool" part few years ago (don't get me wrong.. I am still a Microsoft geek working on thier products .Net/SQL server for my bread & butter).

I am given such an opportunity I think I would take design engineer job in Apple. It would be so cool to design something which other competitors could be thinking 5 years down the lane. To add to that, I am just amazed by the way Steve has turned them around with his vision. I am pretty sure he is going to knock away the competition from giants including Motorola and Nokia by the way his company has designed iPhone.

Which one would you choose given an oppurtunity ?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nick said...

I think I'd take Google-- younger company, less baggage. But they don't use C# technologies!! Too bad, I better start brushing up on C++

Prakaz said...

I've always been a huge fan of both Google and Apple. But I think even I'd go for Google... but Apple also sounds too cool :-)

Loading...