Monday, May 07, 2007

How you shouldn't write a book

I wanted to read about Windows Workflow foundation since I have to prototype an upcoming project using it. Initially, I picked up this book "Foundations of WF: an Introduction to Windows Workflow Foundation (Expert's Voice in .Net)". I was shocked to see such a poorly written book from aPress. I could easily say it was one of the worst books I have read in terms of quality and presentation. To add to the misery the author keeps jumping between VB and copying the code to C#.. I have decided to drop the book and want to warn others who might want to pick a copy of this book..

I am going to pickup "Programming Windows Workflow Foundation Techniques" based on the reviews from Amazon it should certainly be a better book than "apress" book. Will keep you posted on my experience :)

No comments:

Loading...